Walden Ridge is pleased to be offering two special clinics by Linda Ward on February 22 and 23, 2014. Both private dressage and jumping clinics will be held.
Linda Ward is a popular and well-respected dressage coach and rider. Linda is currently competing at the Prix St Georges level with Eltaz Eclipse. She trains regularly with 6-time Olympian Christelot Boylen. Linda is also an experienced eventer. She competed up to the CCI*** level with Kilcarrick and was short-listed for the Canadian eventing team. Linda has a talent for working with riders of all levels. Her style is encouraging and friendly, but she is able to push horse and rider to new levels.
Clinics start at 9:30am each day
February 22, 2014: Private dressage lessons
February 23: Private Jumping Lessons
$105 +hst for one day
$100 +hst (per day) if you ride both days
We also have 3 stalls available if you wish to stay: $30 per day
Auditors are welcome at no charge. A food donation towards our Potluck lunch would be appreciated.
For more info contact Starr Schlueter: phone – 519-239-0942 email email@example.com
Linda Ward Biography
Birthplace: Perth, Australia
Hometown: Waterdown, Ontario
Occupation: Full-time Coach / Trainer
Coaches: Belinda Trussell & Christilot Boylen
Born in Perth, Australia, Lynda moved to Canada when she was 3 years old. She began her riding career at the age of 7 and joined the local Pony Club at age 10 where she excelled in Rally (Eventing) and Dressage.
While in university, Lynda bought Killcarrick at the age of 2 where she broke and trained him herself. From 1996 – 2000, Lynda was listed on the Canadian Eventing Team. In 1999 she qualified for the Pan-Am team and in 2000 qualified for the Olympics. During this time she also competed at both the Fairhill International 3 Star Event as well as the Rolex International 3 Star Event.
In 2002, her focus turned more to dressage with teaching and developing young horses and riders. Lynda continues to ride and teach the classical approach to both jumping and dressage. Lynda travels to a variety of farms in the area to coach a diverse group of clientele (including dressage, eventing and hunters/jumpers). She continues to breed Canadian Warmbloods from her family farm in Fergus, Ontario.
- Eventing – Lynda has trained with Lucinda Green, Peter Gray, David Wilding-Davies, Joe Young and Denny Emerson.
- Dressage – Lynda has trained with John Lassitter and continues to actively train with Belinda Trussell, Christilot Boylen and Udo Lange.
- Killcarrick – Self trained to Advanced level in Eventing. Competed at Rolex, qualified for Pan-Am and Olympics. Owned by Lynda.
- Airdrie Jones – Competed to Intermediate Level in Eventing. Owned by Lynda.
- Karmie Jones – Competed to 4th Level, trained to Prix St. Georges. Bred and Trained by Lynda Ward. Now owned by Nicole Jackson.
- Rivoli – Reserve Champion @ 2nd Level @ Palgrave. Competed to third level. Client owned.
- Eltaz Eclipse – Currently competing at Prix St. George level in 2013 / 2014. Client owned.
- Knoxville Jones – Starting in 2013. Bred (out of Karmie Jones and Royal Prince) and Trained by Lynda Ward.
- Nicole Jackson – competing FEI Junior Level on Karmie Jones. Declared competitor for the NAJYRC Championships in 2013 & 2014.
- Joan Avis – competed to 3rd level with her previous horse. Now developing her new, up and coming mare Zenith. Champion at last CADORA show at 1st level, schooling 2nd level.
- Sandra Minors – championship at several CADORA shows at 2nd level, schooling 3rd level with her mare, Trieste.
- Diane Cooke – championship at several CADORA shows at training level, schooling 1st level with her gelding, Mark.
- Stephanie St. Pierre – owner and chief riding instructor at Foxcroft Equestrian Centre. Stephanie actively competes with her experienced and prospective mounts in OHTA .
- Gen Brady – actively competing with 2 horses in pre-training and training.
- Paighton Smyth – currently competing training level with her mare Maybe So, plans to move to prelim.
- Kate Lloyd – currently competing pre-training level with her mare, Cadence, plans to move to training.